Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ALEX ALEX is offline

Default Macro to hide rows

I have the following code that runs when a button in clicked, which works
very well. However, if the sheet is unprotected when the button is clicked,
an error msg. appears the next time the button is clicked indicating that the
password you selected is incorrect. I know that what is happening is that
that the sheet is being protected again in this code. I've asked the admin
for this file to quit clicking the button when the sheet is unprotected, but
I can't count on that. Is there a way to hide a button if a sheet is
unprotected? If not, is there a better way to write this code that will hide
rows Cells(rw, 1).Range("D1:W1")) = 0? Thank you very much.

Sub Hide_Rows_BldgG()
Dim rw As Long
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="grencr"

With ActiveSheet
For rw = 14 To 73
If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA( _
.Cells(rw, 1).Range("D1:W1")) = 0 Then _
.Rows(rw).Hidden = True
Next rw

End With
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="grencr"