Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DevInstinct DevInstinct is offline

Default Excel, Microsoft Jet and OLE-DB

I use the Microsoft Jet engine to get data from Oracle directly into
Excel. It works fine with an ODBC connection but with very poor
performances (compared to incredible perfs with SQL Server, but I've
got to make this work with Oracle). I tried to specify the oledb
provider instead of ODBC, but without success. It looks like it only
works with odbc.

The connection is:
Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Book1.xls;Extended
Properties="Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes;"

And the statement is:
INSERT INTO [Sheet99$] SELECT * FROM [odbc;Driver={Oracle in
OraHome92};DBQ=THIS.THAT;UId=SOMETHING;PWD=SOMETHI NG].THE_TABLE

If you have any idea as by what I should replace
[odbc;Driver={Oracle in
OraHome92};DBQ=THIS.THAT;UId=SOMETHING;PWD=SOMETHI NG]

to make it wirk with something else than ODBC, please let me know!

Thanks