Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Default COUNTIF - help please

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 19:59:28 +0000, Amada wrote:

In on cell I have following formula =COUNTIF($N8:$EP8, "V")
It counts cells which contain "V"
I have to modify this formula - and need your help.
In my cells ($N8:$EP8) I can have for example 1V or 2V or 6V
How to count "Vs" , for example, one cell "2V" other cell "5V" -
resoult = 7
It should counts only numbers with suffix "V"
THanks in Advance

=sumproduct( 0+right($N8:$EP8,1)="V") )

The apparently redundant "0+" forces Excel to treat the logical
expression as a numeric one: TRUE becomes 1 and FALSE becomes 0.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...