Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Simon Chang Simon Chang is offline

Default String to number

Perhaps you should remove the comma too.

"Alf" wrote in message

Importing from database to Excel numbers are converted to strings (ex
676 921,5)

I've tried to convert this to number by using "Paste Special" -
Multiply.
Did not work.

I then tried "Replace(" ","") and neither did this work.

I do think that the "space" in the number is not the normal
"space" (Unicode (Hex) 0020) but the "No-Breake Space" (Unicode (Hex)
00A0).

So if anybody could give me a hint of how to solve this problem (VBA by
preference) I would be verry happy. F2 works of cource but editing
several columns with 500 rows is not a job I'm looking forward to.

Alf

--
Alf
Alf's Profile: