Poody

Default # sign in a cell

I know that when a column is too short for a value (such as a date), the cell
will display all pound signs. I was asked today what causes it to appear in
a cell that is text with wrap text enabled.

Some people I work with asked me this question. According to them, it
doesn't appear to have any rhyme or reason to the display, as there could be
some cells with lots of text and the pound sign does not show, but then some
other cells with less text will display the pound sign. This is all in the
same column with wrap text enabled. To remove the pound sign (from the
screen display), some text needs to be deleted.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rich