Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alf[_2_] Alf[_2_] is offline

Default String to number

Importing from database to Excel numbers are converted to strings (ex
676 921,5)

I've tried to convert this to number by using "Paste Special" -
Multiply.
Did not work.

I then tried "Replace(" ","") and neither did this work.

I do think that the "space" in the number is not the normal
"space" (Unicode (Hex) 0020) but the "No-Breake Space" (Unicode (Hex)
00A0).

So if anybody could give me a hint of how to solve this problem (VBA by
preference) I would be verry happy. F2 works of cource but editing
several columns with 500 rows is not a job I'm looking forward to.

Alf

--
Alf
Alf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7112