Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Advanced Filter stopped working. URGENT

A better initial question would have been

This criteria was working for advanced filter
- show the criteria

I changed it to this
- show new criteria

and it copies all the records.

What I want to get is this
Verbal description of your criteria.

What should the criteria range look like

Tom Ogilvy

"Bren" wrote in message
Problem is solved thanks to Debra Dalgleish (correct spelling) at
Contextures.com (a real angel), who spotted a blank line in the criteria
range created when I switched from using OR criteria to AND criteria and
which was allowing all the data to pass through.

"Bren" wrote:

Dear Excel gods, goddesses, and gurus,

An Advanced Filter I had been using successfully to extract data to

another
worksheet following Debra Dalgiesh's excellent instructions is no longer
working. I have checked and rechecked the the range, criteria, and copy

to:
specs and have tried simplifying the criteria and filtering the list in

place
to no avail. The result is nothing is being filtered out.

Urgent. Need today for a blood drive. Thanks.