Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Roger Govier[_10_] Roger Govier[_10_] is offline

Default dates in pivot not coming up with years

Hi Boris

If you group by Year and Month as Dave suggests, you will get a column for
Year (which you can narrow down to 4 chars wide), then Month then your other
data.
The dropdown on Year would allow you to select only a given year, then
select Month within that.

Regards

Roger Govier

BorisS wrote:
well I am also on 2003, SP2.

I see what you're saying now. The level before actual useful dialogues is
called "group and show details". I know the dialogue you're referring to
where you can group by the details of the dates, and I know it can only do
that because what I said originally is true (in that they are all dates). My
problem is that I don't want to have to have three fields (year, month, day)
or even two (mmm-dd and year) to show what's combined within one cell. I
guess what I'm asking is whether this is one of those quirks of pvts, in that
despite the data being dates, and the grouping being able to group the dates
into labels, there is still some inability to treat the labels as date
formats as well.