Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sponny sponny is offline

Default VBA Hangs

Hi, I've noticed that whenever I write anything that requires significant CPU
resource in VBA (either through excel or word) the program hangs if I choose
to invoke another program while it runs in the background. As an example,
create a simple form with a progress bar and then initiate a loop which
counts from 1 to 10,000,000 and update the progress bar based upon the value
of the loop.

Once the program starts running, move down to the task bar (I'm using XP
with all the latest patches) and you'll find that excel and your program code
stops responding and doesn't come back unless you force a close of excel.
The same applies if your screen saver kicks in.

This is quite frustrating for any intensive processing that goes on and I'd
appreciate other people's comments and fixes that you may be aware of.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Peter