Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Conan Kelly Conan Kelly is offline

Default Button on toolbar for AutoCalc

Jim Rech (and Chip Pearson),

Thank you so much for all of your help. This is exactly what I was
looking for. It worked perfectly.

Thanks again,

Conan Kelly

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
You would need to use Application level events. Chip Pearson
discusses them
he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.htm

and his download contains an example of using the Application
Workbook Open
event, which is the one you would want to use.

--
Jim
"Conan Kelly" <CTBarbarin at msn dot com wrote in message
| Hello All,
|
| I have a button on a custom toolbar to change the settings of the
| calculation mode of Excel (ToolsOptions...Calculation
| TabCalculation Settings):
|
| Sub ToggleAutoCalc()
| If Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic Then
| Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
| Application.CalculateBeforeSave = False
| Else
| Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
| Application.CalculateBeforeSave = True
| End If
|
| End Sub
|
| The problem I am having is that my button doesn't tell me if it is
on
| or off (the Name property of the button is set to "Toggle
AutoCalc").