Dave Peterson

Another way is to use the workgroup templates folder.

You can't change it in excel, but you can change it in MSWord.

Inside MSWord
tools|Options|File Location Tabs

point at that network folder.

James Kendall wrote:

I have been asked if you can start up a template on automatically opening the
Excel program when someone starts the computer. I can get Excel to open but
I can not get the template to open automatically. How can I do this? I have
tried to put the template in the XLStart folder under the program file\office
on the local drive and even in the startup folder. Neither worked and one
opened then closed Excel. One more thing worth mentioning. This template is
on a network drive. I tried placing the template file on the local and
network drive but neither opened it when put into the startup areas. What am
I doing wrong? --Frustrated at this point--
--
Thank you for your time.
Windows NT

--