Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Harald Staff Harald Staff is offline

Default sumproduct in VBA

Hi

I'd have my code enter the formula into a spare cell, calculate, read &
remember the result and delete the formula.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"xlcharlie" skrev i melding
I want to use the SUMPRODUCT function in my code. The function, as I

would
write it in an Excel cell, is as follows.

=IF(SUMPRODUCT((series=Sheet1!$A2)*(status="Open") )=0,"Done","Pending

Action")

Where "series" and "status" are ranges of cells (both single column,

10,000
rows) that have been named.

I've tried using the follow variations of VB code, but I keep getting a
run-time error '13' message: "Type mismatch."

Application.WorksheetFunction.SumProduct((Range("s eries") = Cells(1,
1).Value) * (Range("status") = "Open"))

Application.WorksheetFunction.SumProduct((Array("s eries") = Cells(1,
1).Value) * (Array("status") = "Open"))

I've stopped iterating through other possible variations to save myself

time
and frustration. Does anyone know the correct arguments to get the

desired
result? My aim is to look at a large tabular dataset, determine if the
"status" of any items corresponding to a specified identifier is "open",

then
execute other code accordingly. So if sumproduct = 0 do x, else do y.
Thanks in advance for your help!