Bill Kuunders

Assuming that k is the last digit in each cell...........
Delete the k first by using the function : =SUBSTITUTE(F1,"k",,1) in cell
G1 and extend down the column

To get writ of a column
You could use the substitute function once more to substitute "n " with "n"
so that open4+ becomes one word.

Change the result into values by edit, copy,edit, paste special, values.
into column H
Select all cells in H column
Use the data menu and select text to columns.
select delimited, next
space
treat consecutive delimiters as one, next
columns data format: general
destination: I1 (if available)
advanced: decimal separator: "."
finish

All the last cells are now the numbers you required.

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K

"bill gras" wrote in message
I have in cell F1 open 4+ 60k
in F2 c6 50k
in F3 c4 522.5k I need the last part of each cell
without the "K'

eg: F1 open 4+ 60k = open(space)4+(space space)60k result 60
F2 c6 50k = c6(space space)50k
result 50
F3 c4 522.5k = c4(space)522.5k
result 522.5
The list goes down to 300 rows
I have tried some find functions but can not get the correct result for
each
row

hope some one can help