R.VENKATARAMAN

apologise . I have not understood the problem . But

did you try Hlookup

wongard wrote in message
Hi guys, first time user of this service, and only a novice excel user.

But
if someone could help me with this problem I would be grateful.

I currently have a Risk Rating matrix that looks like this

insignificant minor moderate
Almost Certain LOW MEDIUM HIGH
Likely VERY LOW LOW MEDIUM

and so it goes on with 5 columns (the Consequence) 5 rows (The

Likelihood).

Now what I wnt to do is this,

within the table I want to be able to select a likelihood & a consequence
within specific cells and then the corresponding risk rating to come up.

Now
I understnad that this is all textual and that excel is predominently
numerical, and such a formula would be easier in Ms Access. however

working
for a cheap arse government department they wont purchase it. so i am

stuck
in excel.

Any ideas?

Thanks