Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PA PA is offline

Default Copy paste manually

Yes, many thanks.That's Great.

PA

"PA" wrote:

I have the format in excel file as below:

Employee Number Location Payment Type Amount ($)
123 City RI $50
City RA $25
City RX $15

124 Brisbane RA $14
Brisbane RU $12

158 Perth RT $56
Perth RA
$11

€¦€¦ and so on €“reach thousand of lines.

If I wish to have this second format €“per example below (in excel) , I do
need to copy and paste the Employee number to each row one by one.Is there
any way (any vb code /macro) that I can use for automation to get the second
report (as example below)?

Format as result of manual copy paste the Employee number as follows:

Employee Number Location Payment Type Amount ($)
123 City RI $50
123 City RA $25
23 City RX $15

124 Brisbane RA $14
124 Brisbane RU $12

158 Perth RT $56
158 Perth RA $11

€¦€¦ and so on €“reach thousand of lines.

Anyone can help and much appreciate any input /suggestion.

PA