Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
munt via OfficeKB.com munt via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Copy only some existing worksheets to a new workbook

Hi,

I have a workbook with about 6 worksheets on it. I only want to copy 4 of
those worksheets to a new workbook but, not all of the worksheets exist.

The following code works.
Sheets(Array("Accounts", "Expenses", "Tax", "September Tax")).Select
Sheets(Array("Accounts", "Expenses", "Tax", "September Tax")).Copy

If I build a string with only the sheets I want to copy I get a "Subscript
out of range" error.

worksheet_exists = ""
Set worksheet_exists = Sheets("Accounts")
If worksheet_exists Is Nothing Then
Else
If worksheet_to_copy = "" Then
worksheet_to_copy = "Accounts"

Set worksheet_exists = Sheets("Expenses")
If worksheet_exists Is Nothing Then
Else
If worksheet_to_copy = "" Then
worksheet_to_copy = "Expenses"
Else
worksheet_to_copy = worksheet_to_copy & """, ""Expenses"

Set worksheet_exists = Sheets("Tax")
If worksheet_exists Is Nothing Then
Else
If worksheet_to_copy = "" Then
worksheet_to_copy = "Tax"
Else
worksheet_to_copy = worksheet_to_copy & """, ""Tax"

Set worksheet_exists = Sheets("September Tax")
If worksheet_exists Is Nothing Then
Else
If worksheet_to_copy = "" Then
worksheet_to_copy = "September Tax"
Else
worksheet_to_copy = worksheet_to_copy & """, ""September Tax"

' This gives me an error - Subscript out of range

Sheets(Array(worksheet_to_copy)).Select
Sheets(Array(worksheet_to_copy)).Copy