Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SkylineGTR SkylineGTR is offline

Default Detecting if workbook running in IE or in Excel

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to detect whether a workbook is
being run under Internet Explorer or within Excel itself. I want to
prevent people running my workbooks/s under IE as it seems to cause too
many problems - as Dave Peterson pointed out. Instead I want to
display a message telling people to follow the instructions in
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=162059

The only way I can see is to examine registry keys. But would this
cause problems for people without administrative access to their PC?
Is there an easy way to do this?

Any help appreciated.