Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robin Hammond[_2_] Robin Hammond[_2_] is offline

Default Code to do a Web-download

Chuck,

See my last few posts and keep an eye on that thread.

IF I can get around the problem with registering a winsock I'll post a
solution in which you can monitor how much of the file has been downloaded.
I have it working on one box and it's very easy to use. Likewise, part of my
reason for doing this was a recent experience of a slow connection and an
inability to do anything but sit there and wait for the command to finish.

Yours,

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"c mateland" wrote in message
oups.com...
In an addin I employ some commonly used Web-download code as shown
below:

Public Function DownloadFile(sDlNetFileAddy As String, _
sDlUserPath As String) As Boolean
DownloadFile = URLDownloadToFile(0&, sDlNetFileAddy, _
sDlUserPath, BINDF_GETNEWESTVERSION, 0&) = ERROR_SUCCESS
DoEvents
End Function

Along with the supporting code, it works well, but my concern is for
those people with really slow connections. I'm concerned it may cause a
runtime error if it takes too long.

Any thoughts on this? Is there a way I can set a timeout variable?

Thanks,
Chuck