Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Minitman[_4_] Minitman[_4_] is offline

Default How To Make A Customer List With Extra Entries Per Customer

Hey Leith,

Thanks for the reply.

I am a bit confused, You are using database terminology to apply to a
workbook. I could not get Access to work so I am still in Excel.

The way the customer list is now set up is thus:

| Name | Home Phone | Office Phone | Cell Phone | Emergency Phone | Billing Address 1 | Billing Address 2 | Service Address 1 |Service Address 2 | Map Code

Most of the customers will fit into this template. It's the ones that
have active information that I am trying to deal with. With over 2000
customers I need to stream line the search for a particular customer
in my entry and invoicing workbook. As it is, 90% of the customer are
no problem. But for example, I have 5 real estate people each with 20
properties that they will send us to. Do I set up 5 customers with
multiple service address or do I set up 100 different records in my
customer listing. I thought of using drop validation list for carious
service addresses, but when I finally do transport this system to
Access I'm not sure if that will work (and sure I don't know HOW to
make it work)

It appears that you may have some idea as to how to do this, Could you
share some examples?

It will be of great help.

Thanks

-Minitman

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:32:04 -0600, Leith Ross
wrote:

Hello Minitman,

Add one field for each exception to be included in the record.
Expanding the record's number of fields should be easy enough to do.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross