Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Rename Worksheets Based on Values in cells

This is a variant on an FAQ. The solution here can be modified to apply
to different sheets' names:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/event...efromcell.html

You can find lots of other suggestions in the archives:

In article <xQg9f.359077$oW2.279554@pd7tw1no,
"Steve" wrote:

Hi All,

I would really appreciate some help with the following:

I have a workbook with a worksheet called "Control"
In cells A1 through to A31 I have each of the days of the
month of January listed for example January 1 is in cell A1 and
in cell A2 the words January 2 etc.

The workbook also contains 31 additional worksheets which I would
like to be linked to the names in cells A1 to A31 on the "control sheet"
so the first worksheet after the control worksheet will be named January 1
etc.

If I change the names in A1 to A31 to February 1 for example I would
like the sheets to automatically be remained according to the new text.

Any ideas on how to accomplish the above?
All suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Steve