Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Best way to handle this problem

Norman,

I don't know what makes you doubt your original reading. I have just read it
and I come to the same conclusion that you originally came to. The only
difference that I can see from the OP's requirement to the solutions that
you suggest is the plane in which they are expressed.

--

HTH

RP

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi Sandy,

Re-reading your question, I may well have insufficently grasped your

intent
and, to the extent that I have, it seems possible that Excel is not
necessarily the ideal tool.

Perhaps an overview of what you are endeavouring to achieve might

encourage
more pertinent responses.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi Sandy,

See Debra Dalgleish's page on dependent lists at:

See also xlDynamic's page on dependent dropdowns at:

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Dropdowns.html

---
Regards,
Norman

"Sandy" wrote in message
Hello -

I have the following scenario:
(Sub = Subject, Cat = Category)

Title1 Title2 Title3
Title4
Title5
Subject1 Sub1Cat1 Sub1Cat1Item1 Sub1Cat1Item1
to to
. Sub1Cat1Item4
. .
. .
. .
SubCat8 Sub1Cat8Item1
Sub1.Cat1Item8
Subject2 Sub2Cat1
Sub2Cat14
.
.
.
Subject6

It's essentially a hierarchy of text cells in an Excel spreadsheet. I
would
like to do some kind of a drop down list that includes, for example,
Subject1
to Subject 6 for Title1 where you could select from a list and have it
insert
into ColumnA and additionally, a drop down list that handles all of the
subcategories across the page.

I am drawing a complete blank as to how to go about this. Can anyone
point
me in the right direction? Does anyone know of a better way to handle
this?
The object is to not have to retype some of these paragraph blurbs. I
might
add, not all the blurbs are always needed,therefore, it can't be
something as
simple as a protected template.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
--