Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Combo box problem

Believe the source workbook will need to be opened. Comboboxes know nothing
about external links to closed workbooks.

Tom Ogilvy

"jellobze1" wrote
in message ...

HI.

I'm using Excel VBA. I have a combo box in a template sheet with the
fillrange set to a range in a separate data sheet in another workbook,
workbook1. The combo box reads fine when I open both workbooks
separately and manually but when I use a command button from Workbook1
to open the template the combo box no longer shows my options.

I'm thinking the combo box needs to be refreshed after I open the
template. Is there any way to do this, since I tried
activesheet.cboChoose.refresh and got an error that "this object
doesn't support this property or method". I even tried
activesheet.cboChoose.requery and got the same error.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Angelo

--
jellobze1