Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Zakynthos Zakynthos is offline

Default Is there a 'GetKeys' or equivalent?

Thanks for that!

I'm not sure I can go ahead and write a routine with Get= External Data and
ADO. One or 2 examples would be much appreciated and may help clarify how I
could proceed. Also with web queries to extract data from a web page table.

Many thanks

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Get=External Data

if you have ODBC driver for Oracle.

In code you can use ADO.

for a web, if it is a table, you can do a web query also at Get=External
Data.

Tom Ogilvy

"Zakynthos" wrote in message
I am fairly proficient in using SendKeys but would like to know if there

is
an equivalent 'GetKeys' to enable me to:

(a) extract data from an Oracle-based database which although in
'spreadsheet format' does not have cell references like A1 etc, and
import/send to Excel

(b)extract data in Tables from a company intranet page into Excel.

Are either/both of these 2 processes possible?