Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bricktop Bricktop is offline

Default Macro/Loop If Statement Help -delete the row with the specific te

I tried the following:
Range("U2:U" & LASTROW).FormulaR1C1 =
"=IF(SEARCH(""pen"",RC[-2])0,2,IF(SEARCH(""can"",RC[-2])0,2,IF(SEARCH(""hol"",RC[-2])0,2,1)))"
and this doesn't work either. Can you not do a multiple search?? I tried
just putting one with both of the if statements and that doesn't work either.
Any other suggestions?

"Bricktop" wrote:

I am trying to find all the cells in my worksheet that have "AB" in column
'I' and the AB is highlighted with an interior color = 6 .... then delete the
row .

Here is what I have so far.

FIRSTROW = 1
Do While FIRSTROW 0
FIRSTROW = Application.Match("AB", Range("i:i"), 0)
If Range("a" & FIRSTROW).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Then
Rows(FIRSTROW & ":" & FIRSTROW).Select
Selection.Delete
End If

'this is the part that is not working. What is happening is that when their
is no match the code bombs so I tried to put an if statement in to change the
firstrow to 0 if their is no match. But the if statement is not working.

If FIRSTROW = Application.Match("AB", Range("i:i"), 0) Is Nothing Then
FIRSTROW = 0
End If
Loop