Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rowan Drummond[_3_] Rowan Drummond[_3_] is offline

Default Pop-up Calendars in an Excel Spreadsheet

And you will need to add a calendar to your sheet...from the menus
InsertObjectCalendar Control 10.0.

Regards
Rowan

Mike Fogleman wrote:
Put this in the Worksheet Code Module that you want the calendar in:

Private Sub Calendar1_DblClick()
ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "m/d/yyyy"
ActiveCell = Calendar1.Value

If Not Application.Intersect(Range("J1:J1000"), Target) Is Nothing Then
'(adjust for your range)
Calendar1.Left = Target.Left + Target.Width - Calendar1.Width
Calendar1.Top = Target.Top + Target.Height
Calendar1.Value = Now()
Calendar1.Visible = True
Else: Calendar1.Visible = False

Mike F
"Trickster" wrote in message

I have checked every resource I can find (including Microsoft online
help),
but cannot find a solution to my problem.

I am wanting to assign a pop-up calendar to a column of cells in an Excel
spreadsheet so that when I click on the cell the pop-up calendar (current
month)will appear so that I can select a date from either the existing
month
showing or scroll through using arrow buttons on the calendar to future
months. Once I select a date, I want the date to appear in text form
within
the cell (much like what Microsoft Money does when entering a transaction
date). I am positive I have seen such feature in a previous Excel
spreadsheet (which I, unfortunately, don't have and don't remember where I
saw it).

Please tell me that this can be done and, if so, how to do it. I am only
generally versed in Excel (up to the point of functions, but not Pivot
Tables, ActiveX or Macros). If you feel this would be beyond my scope,
could
you please provide me with step-by-step instructions on how to build a
single
column of about 1,000 cells with a pop-up calendar assigned to each cell?

In case it is necessary, I have Microsoft Excel 2003 running on Windows XP
Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 2.

Rick