Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Biredndra Biredndra is offline

Default I want to replace the first character in a column of text

Thank you Gary: The macro you created works very well and is very
helpful...I am very grateful for your time and assitance...!

Thanks again...

Birendra

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

or if you need a macro, just replace the range here with yours

Sub replace_text()
For Each cell In Range("a1:a30")
cell.Value = "X" & Right(cell.Value, Len(cell.Value) - 1)
Next

Gary

"Biredndra" wrote in message
We have a client that has several thousand rows of data in a single column
formatted as this example shows: A12345B. Where the alpha characters are
any of the 26 available. They want to change the leading alpha character
from whatever it is presently to an upper case X while leaving the rest of
the line unaffected.

Any and all help appreciated.