Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim May Jim May is offline

Default Documnet Number

Ok,
If it doesn't conflict with other code you might have going,
you could add the follwing code in the specific Worksheet
module Change event:

lrow = Range("E65536").End(xlUp).Row 'assumes your doc# info is kept
in Column E
Range("e1").Value = Range("e" & lrow).Value
End Sub

This way after any and devery change that occurs in your worksheet
your Cell (in this case (E1) is always "up-to-date" with the last Doc #
used.

HTH
Jim

"Optitron" wrote in
message ...

I guess it is alittle more complicated than it should be. I have the
database organized by Report number. Basically when someone breaks a
tool they do a report and then I order the tool with a doc#. I just
wanted a cell in the frozen area at the top to say what the last doc#
was so that when I make my next order I don't have to scroll through
100+ rows. What i'll end up doing is just typing the last doc# into
that cell manually.

--
Optitron
Optitron's Profile: