Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Disabling Events: Dangerous?

It sure seems like a reasonable approach to me.

But I think the way you really find out if there's other problems is by testing
the heck out of it.

JakeyC wrote:

I think I have this one sussed, but wanted to check that there are no
unexpected side-effects!

I have a workbook, which contains several macros. One of which is
triggered by the Workbook_Open event to 'initialise' the worksheets
before the user begins to change it.

During the initialisation, the Workbook_Open macro makes changes which
trigger other event macros, most of which mess up the sheet if they run
during the initialisation.

I assume that the following will stop any other macros running before
the Workbook_Open macro has stopped:

Application.EnableEvents = False
'initialize the Worksheets
Application.EnableEvents = True

But is there anything I've overlooked that might mess other things up?

Thanks for your help.

--

Dave Peterson