Abuzzmaster

That didn't help, unfortunately. That box was already unchecked for me. Try
formatting a cell as Percentage, then type in 5 and .05 and you get the same
result. You should get 5% and 0.05% respectively. Doesn't make sense. If you
have any other suggestions, I'd be grateful.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Try this, Buzz:
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/... ft_excel.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Abuzzmaster" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet I work with every day and I use fractional

percentages,
between 0-1%. If the field is formatted as Percentage, and I type in ".5",

it
reads it as 50%, which it would be if it weren't a percentage. But it is.
It's a half percent. By typing in "50", I also get 50%, which doesn't make
sense. If I type in "5" I get 5%, if I type in ".5", I should get .5%. Is
there a way to make this happen, or is this just a glitch in Excel? Please
help me figure this out. Thanks.