Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim May Jim May is offline

Default What is wrong with this formula?

Norman, thanks for the modification. Question however...
Noticed your Original approach indicated a CSE array
formula required,

Your modified one "does not"; Can you explain why
I've been unable (yet) to get my mind around the difference in the above
two.
Tks in Advance.
Jim

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi Darren,

Instead try:

=IF(MIN(B3:K3)<=3,"Please enter the reason for 3's and less","Thank You")

confirmed with Enter.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Darren" wrote in message
Perfect - that works with a small exception. I though I had it formulated
check B3 through K3 and if any of those numbers fall at 3 or less, then
it
would ask for a reason. The way it is working is only checking B3. Any
help
on the getting it to work correctly?

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Darren,

The formula works for me.

The formula is an array formula and should be confirmed with :

control - shift - enter

---
Regards,
Norman

"Darren" wrote in message
=IF(B3:K3<=3,"Please enter the reason for 3's and less","Thank You")
The
cells B3 through K3 are valid cells.