Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Fogleman Mike Fogleman is offline

Default Save a workbook in 2 places

I have a workbook that I constantly update with web queries throughout the
day. This is on my pc at work on my C:\ drive. I also keep a copy on a
public network drive so co-workers can see the latest & greatest updates.
What I want to do is whenever I save the book it will save to both places.
Since I rarely close this book throughout the week, I just do saves after
each update, I stayed away from the Before_Close event, and went with the
Before_Save event. My code will save to the network drive, but crashes Excel
at the end of the procedure, and therefore does not save to the local drive.
I thought perhaps because I was saving the file with the same name in 2
places, it crashed because of duplicate file names. So I added "Copy of" to
the name of the network file, but still no cookie. It still crashes. Can
anybody point me in the right direction so when I click the Save (Disk)
icon, it will save to both drives? I put the CurDir check in the code so
that the network copy would not also run the code in case someone tried to
save that file.

Boolean)
Dim CrDr As String
CrDr = CurDir
If CurDir = "C:\My Documents" Then
ChDir "\\Lafbdc1\dept\NCP"
Application.EnableEvents = False
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "\\Lafbdc1\dept\NCP\Copy of NCP Work.xls"
ChDir CrDr
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub