Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel Nigel is offline

Default Cells Contents Anywhere Else in Column

you might consider sorting the column in order - then count instances of
each value. But if you wish to retain reference to where the duplicate
exists then you will need to run a loop. Do you need to know the first,
last or every instance of a duplicate, or just how many there are ?

--
Cheers
Nigel

"tom" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there an easy way to see if the contents of any of the cells in a
column exist anywhere else in the column?

In words, I need to take the contents of a1 and compare it against all
the other cells in the column a. Then I want to take a2 and do the
same. Then a3 . . .

Thanks

-tom