Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Match data in separate columns!

Have you declared the variable 'rng'? If not, you must.

Dim Rng As Range

If you put 'Option Explicit' at the top of your module, you will
be required to declare all your variables, and you'll not have
problems like this one.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Shandy720"
wrote in
message

Hi thanks for your help Bob but i get the following message
when i try
to run your macro;
'Run time error 424
Object required',

and the follwong line of your code is highlighted
'If Not rng Is Nothing Then'

Bob Phillips Wrote:
For i = 1 to Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row
If Cells(I,"B").Value = Cells(i,"H").Value Then
If rng Is Nothing Then
set rng = Rows(i)
Else
Set rng = Union(rng,Rows(i))
End If
End iF
Next i

If Not rng Is Nothing Then
rng.copy Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")

HTH

RP

"Shandy720"

wrote
in message

Hi can someone please give me a little advice on the
following,
hopefully if is a simple problem. I have a range of data
but am

only
interested in rows where the cells in two specific columns
are

equal.
Therefore I want a macro which will looks through the data
and
highlights any rows which have the same value in columns 'B'
and

'H',
then copies and pastes this data in another worksheet.

Any help would be very much appreciated,
Thanks kindly,
Andrew

--
Shandy720