Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel macros

Unfortunately,. I don't see it until after it posts. Revision #2

Sub Format1()
Dim sFile
Dim sFileName As String
sFile = Application.GetOpenFilename("Log Files (*.log), *.log")
If sFile < False Then
With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:="TEXT;" & sFile, _
Destination:=Range("A2"))
sFileName = Replace(sFile, ".log", "")
sFileName = Right(sFileName, Len(sFileName) - _
InStrRev(sFileName, "\"))
.Name = sFileName
.FieldNames = True
.RowNumbers = False
.FillAdjacentFormulas = False
.PreserveFormatting = True
.RefreshOnFileOpen = False
.RefreshStyle = xlInsertDeleteCells
.SavePassword = False
.SaveData = True
.AdjustColumnWidth = True
.RefreshPeriod = 0
.TextFilePromptOnRefresh = False
.TextFilePlatform = xlWindows
.TextFileStartRow = 1
.TextFileParseType = xlFixedWidth
.TextFileTextQualifier = xlTextQualifierDoubleQuote
.TextFileConsecutiveDelimiter = False
.TextFileTabDelimiter = True
.TextFileSemicolonDelimiter = False
.TextFileCommaDelimiter = False
.TextFileSpaceDelimiter = False
.TextFileColumnDataTypes = Array(1, 1, 1, 1, 9)
.TextFileFixedColumnWidths = Array(20, 15, 36, 19)
.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
End With
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs _
Filename:=Replace(sFile, ".log", "") & ".xls",_
FileFormat:=xlNormal, _
Password:="", _
WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, _
CreateBackup:=False

try it and report back.

--

HTH

RP

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

Wow thanks again, some progress.
The last bit is still red.
So I deleted that and ran the macro.
I do get a file open dialogue, so I can browse for a file and the
macro runs.
At the end the VB window opens with no text, which I close and see the
completed macro and then
I can do a file file save.

I have to say I am very impressed at how anyone could learn this stuff.
I did some Fortran many many years ago, but was singularly useless at
it.

My day job is a audio engineer. I need to analyse these error logs from
a audio ripping programme.

Mike Engles