Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RodP RodP is offline

Default Change colour of bars/lines in charts when data in rows/colums

Hiya,

The users are pretty clued up on the creation of charts. Some charts need
to be charted by column aswell as by row - hence I need to cater for both
eventualities.

At the moment the code is rather specific as I'm not yet worrying about pie
charts etc. I'll come to that when I get this bit working.

All the charts so far have been created in quite a logical way (ie all data
is blocked together like in my example) although I didn't think that that
would have made any difference regarding my coding. Using a For each...next
loop, I'm able to cycle through all the bars when it's' by column' and 'by
row', it's just that I don't know how to find out what category the bar /
data point lies at when the data is plotted 'by column'. When 'by row' it's
simply the series name (s.name in my code).

Using said loop, I'm able to display the values for each point. Having
managed to do this, I thought it would be just as easy to pull out the
category also - but it's prooving more difficult by the sounds of it!

I'd be interested to know a little more about the problems you're talking
about - is my thought / idea a total no go as I should be approaching this
problem in another way? Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed!

Many thanks

RodP