Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Conditional Formatting using Event Macros

You need to post your change event code.

Tom Ogilvy

"PamKT" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that collects responses to questions. Each question

is
weighted with a H, M, L rate (col d) of importance (3,2,1 respectively)

(col
c). The user will select the response to a question using a dropdown
(validation list) unique to each question (col f). Each response has a
numeric equivalent (col e). My goal is to have the score (weight*response)

be
posted in column B and the cell interior changed to Blue, Green, Yellow,

Red,
or Neutral based on some additional criteria.

I've read through all the previous postings and recommended web links. I
understand that I will have to use one of the event macros to trigger the
application code. I've followed the basic design from
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#change

But -- it does not work consistently. Its almost as though I get into a
situation where the trigger event is being ignored. I've put breakpoints
into the macros, and I don't reach them. If I open the worksheet, it

works
for the first few that I change. But I don't seem to be able to get the

macro
to trigger every time I select a choice from the cell dropdown. I'm not

sure
if I should be using Worksheet_calculate, Worksheet_Change or
Worksheet_SelectionChange. I understand the latter 2 have a relation to
entering or exiting a cell.

Any help would be appreicated. I've spent way more time on this than I
should have, so I'm reaching out for help.

Thanks