Duke Carey

Assuming your supplier's range name is in cell B9 and the article # is in A9

=VLOOKUP(A9,INDIRECT(B9),2,FALSE)

"dharmik" wrote:

I am setting up a Quality check worksheet.
I have one sheet each for every supplier . These sheets contain article
number for each product they supply and respective dimensions and other
detials of each product.
On the Quality check sheet i have article number, name of supplier and
all the detials i need for the article number i select.
for each detail i am using a vlookup function, where it looks up
detail for the article number i have chosen.
I have named ranges for each supplier sheet by the name of the
supplier.

I want to set up the quality sheet in such a way that once i select teh
supplier name in this sheet, all the vlookup funtions in this sheet will
take data from the sheet of the supplier name i selected. Hence if i had
to add new suppliers later, it is included automatically.

I have name the ranges for each supplier sheet by the name of supplier,
so i was wondering how can vlookup take up range names automaticaly with
respect to the supplier name i select in the quality sheet.

If this does not work, can it be done in some other way.

thanks for all help,

dharmik

--
dharmik