Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JohnL JohnL is offline

Default Auto Sum cell above a relevant reference cell

Thanks Tom, works great!

JohnL

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Sum ignores the header if it is text.

or you could do

cLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count,activecell.column).End(xlUp).Row
Cells(cLastRow+1,Activecell.column).FormulaR1C1="= SUM(R2C:R" & clastrow
& "C)"

Tom Ogilvy

"JohnL" wrote in message

Hi Bob, Your solution works quite well but what if the first row contains
headings and you don't want that row included in the equation? This is

how
the AutoSum icon works. Can a solution do that too?

TIA

JohnL

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

cLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count,activecell.column).End(xlUp).Row
Cells(cLastRow+1,Activecell.column).FormulaR1C1="= SUM(R1C:R" &

clastrow
& "C)"

--

HTH

RP

"JJ" wrote in message
How can I sum all cells above a cell. For instance I have spreadsheets
with
varying numbers of rows, and I want to add a sum total at the bottom

of
each
of those columns. Since the number of rows is unknown, I am unsure of

what
put after the word "sum"....... Here is the code I have:

ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Select
ActiveCell.Offset(1, -2).Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(?????????)"