Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Adding Buttons to Worksheet

Just curious why you say the controls from the Forms toolbar aren't very
robust. They're not as "feature rich" like the controls from the control
toolbox toolbar (like you said), but I've found them to be very robust.

In fact, I've had fewer problems with the Forms controls than the control
toolbox controls.

Leith Ross wrote:

Hello Paul,

There are 2 ways to create buttons and other objects on an Excel
worksheet. First is by using the Forms Toolbar. Click on View on the
Excel Menu Bar and select Toolbars. If the Forms Toolbar is visible it
will a check mark beside it. Clicking it will switch the toolbar's
visible state. These control have the advantage of being easy to use,
especially with recorded macros. The down side is they aren't very
robust.

The second type are the Control ToolBox objects which are part of VBA.
You can access these from the VBA Toolbar. You can check if it visible
just like I stated above. The provide you with features and
flexibility, but are far more complex to program. To see the controls
available click on the wrench and hammer icon.

Once you have the toolbar displayed, you can select which control you
want to place on the worksheet. Click on the object, place the cursor
where you want to draw the control and left click and hold while you
move the mouse. You can control the size as you move. You can always
resize a control after you draw it.

That's the basics. It should get you started on your way.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross