Posted to microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript,microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] karenmiddleol@yahoo.com is offline

Default How to create a self extracting zip file that starts excel with a macro

Hi Miyahn

My only additional requirement to the original post is security. Since
the file will have data in it any 3rd party should not be able to open
the self extracting executable.

How complex is it to include userid based security assuming my Windows
login is
-MIDDLEK. I want to put this in the self extracting executable that it
does not run the unarchive unless the user is MIDDLEK and from PC Name
- MIDDLEK.xyz.com

So all I am proposing is a additional check for username and PC name
before the unarchive runs.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks
Karen