Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_4_] Jim Thomlinson[_4_] is offline

Default Screen Updating

You should not be toggling screen updating in every procedure. Every time you
see

Application.Screenupdating = True

You will get a flash. Your code should look something like this

Sub This()
Application.Screenupdating = False
Call That
Application.Screenupdating = True
End sub

Sub That
Application.Screenupdating = False 'Not here

Application.Screenupdating = True 'Not here
End sub

If there is a Application.Screenupdating = True in "Sub That" then you will
get a flash at that point the sub ends.

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Ben" wrote:

Hello,
If I want to stop the macro from flashing between sheets I use
Application.ScreenUpdating False and it works perfectly. However it is not
effective when I call the procedure that contains it from another procedure.
Is there a way round this. Thank you.