Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_4_] Jim Thomlinson[_4_] is offline

Default OLAP Data Cube Question

So you have a date field which is actual dates. Right click on that field and
select Group. You can group by Day, Month, Quarter and/or Year. It is a great
way of aggregating your data.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Thomas L" wrote:

Well, I built a pivot table and it looked fine, but then my director saw it,
and she wanted an easier way to pull reports. She wants to be able to click
the date option, and have to only click on the quarter or month if she wants
to pull that report, instead of having to click each individual date for that
time period. If possible to do that with the pivot table, that will be even
better.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Nope... To the best of my knowledge if you create a cube those are your only
options. I assume that creating the pivot table directly in Excel (foregoing
the Cube) is not an option?
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Thomas L" wrote:

Is there a way to have a data cube create an "average" in Excel? Looking at
the options, it only lists sum, min, max, & count. I really need an average
function. Is it possible to write a macro to do it w/ an average?