Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charlie Charlie is offline

Default ProgressBar control in Userform

Wait... I think I can show the form vbModeless and do it your way. Let me
give it a try. Thanks for the help.

"Richard Buttrey" wrote:

OK. Using this approach there is no 'Timer event' as such. You need to
calculate the width of the text box by including a calculation in the
part of your code which loops round,

For instance in the For Next loop you will know the "To' value which
will end the loop. Assuming the loop counter is say "x" and the To
value is say 100
i.e. For x = 1 to 100, and the full width of the text box is 250, in
your main loop you'll need to call a progress bar procedure (passing
the x value if x is not a Public variable), with something like

Sub ProgressBar
MyTextControl.Width = x / 100 * 250
End sub

HTH

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 08:21:02 -0700, "Charlie"
wrote:

I did find and download something similar to that method -- one picturebox on
top of another, two different colors, the top one growing like you describe,
but the key to it working was the Timer event which updated the picturebox
size at regular intervals. Worked great, but my problem is I can't find the
Timer control in my VBA toolbox. And I looked in the Additional Controls
toolbox too!

"Richard Buttrey" wrote:

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 07:27:07 -0700, "Charlie"
wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone have any examples of using the ProgressBar control (v. 6.0) on a
Userform? When I show the UserForm from Workbook_Open the form is awaiting
user input. I suspect I need a timer control to perform the bar update (plus
I need to know how to update it.) But I can't seem to find the timer control
in the Additional Controls toolbox? What is it called? Can you point me in
the right direction?

TIA
Charlie

I've got something called a CoolBar control , but not a Progress Bar
control (v6.3), however this says it's not licensed.

The work around seems to be two text boxes in contrasting colours, one
of which remains fixed width. The other starts out as width 0, which
is upated through a DoEvents command and where the width is
progressively increased. This then appears like the standard progress
bars.

HTH

__
Richard Buttrey