Posted to microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Miyahn Miyahn is offline

Default How to create a self extracting zip file that starts excel with a macro

wrote in message ups.com
Hi Miyahn

If not password is it possible to encrypt a self extracting file or is
there any form of securing the self extracting file.

Hi Karen,

I don't know the way to do that for cabinet file.
If you need passward protection, use the third party zip utility which
support commandline execution and password protection to make
self-extracting EXE file.

I am using the posted script because it doesn't need to install any software
manufactured by the third party.(on Win2k and WinXP)

I recommend you to clarify your needs and your environments in the first post.

--
Miyahn (Masataka Miya****a) JPN
Microsoft MVP for Microsoft Office - Excel(Jan 2005 - Dec 2005)