Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter[_55_] Peter[_55_] is offline

Default unique numbers

Hi,

Checked out both formula's.
Bob's formula workes best for me so i'm using that one.
Thanks to the both of you.

regards,
Peter
"Bob Phillips" schreef in bericht
Maybe put 1 in A1, use a formula in A2 of

=MAX($A$1:A1)+1

and copy that down

--

HTH

RP

"Peter" wrote in message

I have a collumn with sequenced numbers. (1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9)
Each time a row is added i count the amount of numbers in the collumn +1.
Now, after they have been put in, there are some numbers replaced bij "x"
meaning the item does not exists anymore.
Now here's the problem:
When the "x" replaces a number i have two times the same number in the
collumn because the remaining numbers don't automaticly adjust to the
lost
number. (1.2.3.4.x.6.7.8.9.9)
How do i solve this, so the numbers automaticly follow eachother up
(1.2.3.4.x.5.6.7.8.9.10...) after the "x" is set.

Hope you understand what i mean.

Regards,
Peter