Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
doco[_2_] doco[_2_] is offline

Default ShowDataForm of Worksheet class failed

Got it! Thanks
doco

"Mike Fogleman" wrote in message
I sent you a working to sample to play with.

Mike F
"doco" wrote in message
A1:B1 contain headers for a list 90 rows deep. D1:F1 contain headers for
list only two deep. When accessing list two @ D1:F1programmatically,
data form shows list A1:B1, not D1:F1. If I move 'table' two 19 cols to
the right and access programmatically; I get the original worksheet class
failure error, but works fine if I manually [Data|Form] select the list.

The dataform will only work programatically if the list begins in A1 of
any sheet.

Its maddening!
doco

"Mike Fogleman" wrote in message
I can't imagine why not. I tried inserting a blank column A ahead of my
data, once I changed the reference, it still worked as before.

Mike F
"doco" wrote in message
Interestingly, it will only work if the first list is in column A.
Placed in any other column produces and error. Is this a bug or is
there a workaround?

TIA
doco

"doco" wrote in message
That did the trick. I am not sure why that would matter but - it
worked thanks.

doco

"Mike Fogleman" wrote in message
Try naming the range "Database" like this:

Sub AddProduct()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Range("AA1:AB1").Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select ' error
with or
without this line

Selection.Name = "Database"

Application.CutCopyMode = False ' error
with or without this line
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm '
produces the error

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Mike F

"Don Cossitt" wrote in message
Sub AddProduct()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Range("AA1:AB1").Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select ' error
with or without this line
Application.CutCopyMode = False '
error with or without this line
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm '
produces the error

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

I can produce the form manually selecting Data|Form. However, when
trying to add more items, get "cannot extend list or database".

Any ideas?

TIA
doco