Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Fogleman Mike Fogleman is offline

Default ShowDataForm of Worksheet class failed

I can't imagine why not. I tried inserting a blank column A ahead of my
data, once I changed the reference, it still worked as before.

Mike F
"doco" wrote in message
Interestingly, it will only work if the first list is in column A. Placed
in any other column produces and error. Is this a bug or is there a
workaround?

TIA
doco

"doco" wrote in message
That did the trick. I am not sure why that would matter but - it worked
thanks.

doco

"Mike Fogleman" wrote in message
Try naming the range "Database" like this:

Sub AddProduct()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Range("AA1:AB1").Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select ' error with
or
without this line

Selection.Name = "Database"

Application.CutCopyMode = False ' error
with or without this line
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm '
produces the error

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Mike F

"Don Cossitt" wrote in message
Sub AddProduct()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Range("AA1:AB1").Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select ' error
with or without this line
Application.CutCopyMode = False '
error with or without this line
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm '
produces the error

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

I can produce the form manually selecting Data|Form. However, when
trying to add more items, get "cannot extend list or database".

Any ideas?

TIA
doco