Ellen

Hello,
What I lacked was the statement "=$B1<$C1" in the conditional formatting
box. So now it works for me.

Thanks to all who answer our questions!!!

Ellen

"Ellen" wrote:

Hello,
I am comparing numbers in column b and column c. In column H, I've written
an if then statement stating something to the effect that the "B is greater
than C" or "B is less than C" as the case may be.

I'd like to format the cells in H with red coloring where B is less than C.
I've been able to do it with a single cell using conditional formatting, but
need help with a column of cells. Could someone give me directions?

Thanks in advance,
Ellen