Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
achidsey achidsey is offline

Default If Range Variable isn't Empty

Excel Experts,

In my code, I want to delete certain rows if they have certain characters in
a cell in a certain column.

My spreadsheet and code are similar to the following:

A B
1 Symbol Activity Type
2 AGEN Buy
3 IBM Div
4 DELL Sell
5 HWP Qmi
6 AGEN Buy

The code is supposed to work by changing any entries of "Div" or "Qmi" to a
blank, and then deletes the rows with a blank. I tried to set it up to do
nothing if there aren't any Div or Qmi entries, but the code does nothing
even when there ARE Div or Qmi entries. I don't believe the IsEmpty function
is the one I need or I am using it wrong.

Pls. advise how to indicate that if the range variable Divs does reference
cells, to do something.

Cells.Find(What:="Activity Type").Select

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
On Error Resume Next

Set ActivityType = Selection

ActivityType.Replace What:="Div", Replacement:=""

ActivityType.Replace What:="Qmi", Replacement:=""

Set Divs = ActivityType.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks)

If IsEmpty(Divs) = False Then

Divs.EntireRow.Delete

End If

Thank you,