Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bricktop Bricktop is offline

Default Macro/Loop If Statement Help -delete the row with the specifi

Bob - This Worked Fantastic. I didn't know you could use an AND statement
with the if too. Just one more question...please. I have more than one that
has to go thru the loop and I was wondering if I can Combine them. Here is
what I have:
'Remove AB Codes that are ETA Pending

Dim iLastRow As Long
Dim i As Long

iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "I").End(xlUp).row
For i = iLastRow To 1 Step -1
If Cells(i, "I").Value = "AB" And Cells(i, "I").Interior.ColorIndex
= 6 Then
Rows(i).Delete
End If
Next i

iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "I").End(xlUp).row
For i = iLastRow To 1 Step -1

If Cells(i, "I").Value = "ABPEND" And Cells(i,
"I").Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone Then
Rows(i).Delete
End If
Next i

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Sub Test()
Dim iLastRow As Long
Dim i As Long
Dim j As Long

iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "I").End(xlUp).Row
For i = iLastRow To 1 Step -1
If Cells(i, "I").Value = "AB" And _
Rows(i).Delete
End If
Next i

HTH

RP

"Bricktop" wrote in message
I am trying to find all the cells in my worksheet that have "AB" in column
'I' and the AB is highlighted with an interior color = 6 .... then delete

the
row .

Here is what I have so far.

FIRSTROW = 1
Do While FIRSTROW 0
FIRSTROW = Application.Match("AB", Range("i:i"), 0)
If Range("a" & FIRSTROW).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Then
Rows(FIRSTROW & ":" & FIRSTROW).Select
Selection.Delete
End If

'this is the part that is not working. What is happening is that when

their
is no match the code bombs so I tried to put an if statement in to change

the
firstrow to 0 if their is no match. But the if statement is not working.

If FIRSTROW = Application.Match("AB", Range("i:i"), 0) Is Nothing Then
FIRSTROW = 0
End If
Loop